Environment and Natural Resources 2
1064 E Lowell St
Tucson, AZ 85719
- Library tours and registration are available the night before the conference (November 14) from 4-6pm at the University of Arizona Main Library (highlighted in yellow on the map above; Google Map). Both days of CLAPS will be in the ENR2 building (map & links above), but if you are interested in seeing the UA Libraries, you can get a tour on the 14th or wander over during breaks; but we won’t be present in the Libraries for any of the conference.
- You might consider purchasing a SunTran Streetcar pass to get around between campus and downtown. The streetcar also goes directly from campus to our social event location the first night.
- This will be pointed out during the welcome presentation prior to the keynote, but UA Libraries staff will have a different color name tag so you can find us easily if you need help during CLAPS.
- Continental breakfast and snacks will be served both days of CLAPS, with vegan and gluten-free options. Everyone is on their own for lunch, but we will have dine-around sign ups so you can find somewhere to get lunch and meet other attendees.
- Our hashtag for CLAPS is #claps2018, please do Tweet and/or post about the conference elsewhere, too.
- Remember to bring layers, the desert can be hot during the day and cold at night. Lately, it has been bright and in the 70s during the day, and down to the 50s at night.
We look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks! Safe travels to those of you coming from other cities.
Connecting on Campus
Visitors from participating institutions visiting the University of Arizona campus can use UA’s eduroam secure wireless network, which provides the same speed and security as UAWiFi.
- Choose eduroam from the wireless networks detected by your computer or device.
- Enter your institution’s login for the Username.
- Enter your institution’s login password for the Password.
- Click Join. You will be connected to the UA’s eduroam secure wireless network.
Note: We encourage visitors without UA credentials to use eduroam if they are from a participating institution.
In order to connect to the University of Arizona’s UAGuest WiFi network, you’ll need to set up an account with a name and cell phone number. The login is valid for 5 days.
Establishing An Account with UAGuest
- Select UAGuest from your wireless options.
- Open a web browser if one does not automatically open for you.
- The Welcome UAGuest webpage will appear.
- Click on Create Account at the bottom of the webpage.
- Enter your name and cell phone number (enter hyphens, e.g., XXX-XXX-XXXX).
- Enter the 6 digit code.
- You will receive a text message containing your assigned username and password.
- Enter your username and password on the Welcome UAGuest webpage.
- Read the Acceptable Use Policy and click Accept.
- This login remains valid for 5 days.
The SunLink Streetcar connects the University of Arizona main campus with downtown Tucson’s restaurants, shops, and nightlife. A one-way fare is $1.50, while a 1 day pass is $4.
CLAPS 2018 will take place in beautiful and sunny Tucson, Arizona. Winter is mild, but often unpredictable. Come prepared for anything!
- AC Hotel Tucson Downtown
- Aloft Tucson
- Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
- The Downtown Clifton
- Hotel Congress
- Tucson Marriott University Park
Things to do in Tucson
General tips for the desert
- Stay hydrated
- Apply sunscreen
- Bring a hat for the day time
- Wear layers, the desert is cold at night!